Thursday, June 28, 2007

why we travel

with only a few days left of my journey i'm ready to be home...maybe its cause i've been gone for over two month...maybe its because i'm looking forward to playing with my new kite i bought...maybe its the idea of being home with my mom and sister during the summer months when michigan is so beautiful that drives me towards home...or maybe its just that i'm in India again and the lack of personal space, personal heigene, and social works programs are driving me nuts!!! (i really don't like India anymore, sorry India, but your cities suck).

...I've had an amazing trip, I've met some amazing people, and have felt like I was engulfed in a National Geographic Adventure Magazine for the last 2 months...but i'm ready to go home

...we travel to SEE

...we travel to because when we do we have time...time to think...time to feel...time to organize our thought...time to justify our thoughts/ideas/notions...time to get away from all that is normal/comfortable/sane...by breaking away from our world and going to another world we realize what we have, what we don't, what we want, what we really really need rather than just want...

...it's life lived while on the road

we take everyday for what it should be when we are at home...everyday on the road is a gift, an opportunity to do/see/go...we don't take that mindset when we are in our normal lives...we see days as days we must survive to get somewhere else...mon-fri are days we must endure in order to get to a weekend, when even then we have duties/responsibilites...not to say that's bad...i'm not in any way some hippie now that wishes to escape the world through drugs and dissinence from the world we grew up in and lived until now...

...i'd rather love each day where i am, taking it as an opportunity to get things done, do things, and see that which is close enough...i have yet to explore my own state/country...i remember a summer when i worked on my car, worked with my uncle, worked on my boat etc. etc. etc...everday was full and vibrant, cause i had a cause, not that was obligated by me, but desired to be fullfilled by something inside of me...i have that again, i have many things i want to get done when i get home, and i'll have that time and i will not waste that opportunity...i won't get it all done, but some, and some things i don't plan on doing i will...

...then i'll begin shaping my next life, my next journey, probably somewhere other than michigan, with a responsible job, but a balance and a dedication to life...

...to whom much is given much is expected...I have been given SO MUCH...i have the world in front of me with every opportunity and option open to me...most people in this world don't have that and though i don't see that as bad, they have what they require, and everyone has a chance, but mine I see as greater and of it I must be responsible and not succumb to 9-5 standard job which fills my 401k...i can do better than that, i will be happier without that...i must find mine that fills me and those around me, make life priority number one

...what a cluster of thoughts is going through my head as I return to America my home, but i'm excited to start on that next journey that which is unknown to me...if anyone has any ideas, please let me know, i'm open to suggestions

see everyone soon!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, With so many thoughts and revelations pouring out of you, I can only say it's a sign and philosophy of a person who has traveled. The open road has stirred the mind and peeked your interest not only in the future but in the present. You've come to realize that you are tired of India; well, "traveling is only glamorous in retrospect" (Miss Wendy Allen) and it's those revelations and desires to weed out your thoughts that we are aim to travel again. Thirsty for the road...so on that note and your interest in seeing the US of A. Wendy and I were talking Route 66 Roadtrip (before it dies) May or June of next year. Machu Pishu in Dec/jen? You in? Or what other adventure do you have in you?

3:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home