Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I guess I have to blog this trip

So I've decided to keep up on this trip the best I can on this blog, though originally designed to keep track of beers...i too will use it for my great Central Asian Adventure. April 24th, I headed out of GR via Train to Chicago, chilled in Chicago with some lunch, currency conversion etc. then I was off to O'Hare for my 14 hour flight to Delhi, India. Took a bit longer than that and I got in the next day at 8:30 PM local time. Grabbed a cab to Hotel Kashish near the Imperial Cinema, in a notorious traveler's district due to the proximity to the train station. Tomorrow I'll head to the station first thing to buy a ticket then hang out until then as I head to Gorakahpur (ithink). Then by bus to the Nepalese border, towards Kathmandu which I should get to in a few days.

I'm doing my best just not to get ripped off here, as it is so easy to do. I have to negotiate everything and when I think about how vulnerable I am to these people, it makes me worry but fortunately most people are good, they are just trying to make a buck, and this is just how things are done here, I must not take it personally and learn to live with it once again as I did last time I was here. It is hard though concidering everything is so cheap, I could always pay more and still be fine, but if I'm gonna last I must do my best to be frugle and get the best deal I can. 11 o'clock and I'm kinda wired since I slept most of the plane ride which thank god was not full, giving me two seats to get comfortable in. Gonna go walk around a bit, take care all, wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're my hero, you know that? Stay safe and resist the urge to buy from every doe-eyed child chanting "1 dolla 1 dolla" :)

8:38 AM

 
Blogger Angela said...

Sounds like an amazing adventure! Can't wait to hear more. Be safe and have a blast! :)

10:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it and great to hear you are well. Have fun and love you. Later

7:41 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am very jealous, I wish I could be there as well! Good Luck, and I look forward to hearing more updates!

8:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you rule. I hope you have a great trip!

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home